Fall In Love With More Free Templates! Click Here To Get Your Own Smitten Blog Design... »

Sunday, August 22, 2010

Funny Vampires? Who knew.

Nice Girls Don't Have Fangs (Jane Jameson, #1)Nice Girls Don't Have Fangs by Molly Harper

My rating: 4 of 5 stars


I wish there was a 3 3/4 stars rating, because that is where I would rate this book.

I would classify this book as "Paranormal Chick-Lit". It revolves around a very intelligent, albeit newly unemployed, librarian who meets a very sexy "undead" man at a bar while drowning her sorrows in some hard liquor. Her new admirer follows her home only to see her get mistaken for a deer by a drunk hunter and shot. Her admirer, "Gabrielle" turns her into a vampire in order to say her life.

The author was extremely witty and had me laughing out loud on several occastions.

I thought the relationship between Gabrielle and Jane (the librarian) sizzled, although I would like to see it explored more in future installments. The character Dick was supremely hilarious and I can't wait to see more from him.

The bits between Jane and her mother had me in stitches!

Reading this helped me understand that books don't have to be serious in order to be entertaining and fun to read.





View all my reviews

0 comments: