Fall In Love With More Free Templates! Click Here To Get Your Own Smitten Blog Design... »

Wednesday, November 19, 2008

Dark Days Challenge 08/09


I was really excited to join the Dark Days Challenge with (not so) Urban Hennery (http://urbanhennery.com/2008/10/14/dark-days-challenge-0809/) and couldn't wait to get started on my first local meal of the challenge.
Unfortunately, I was out of town the last couple of weeks and my honey forgot to pick up our CSA Veggie box. I do have some things canned from summer, but short of creating a meal out of syrupy nectarines and strawberry jam, it's slim pickins in the pantry.
As a result, I had to make due with some late season cherry tomatoes and basil from a pot on my deck....yes I am still getting tomatos and basil. What can I say? It's California.
I ended up cooking up some whole wheat pasta (not local), added my own tomatoes (homegrown), basil (homegrown), olive oil (Napa Co.- 40 miles), and garlic (local- 2 miles). It was tolerable considering the circumstances, but I am stlightly disapointed in my first attempt.
We shall have to see what tomorrow's veggie box holds in store for us......stay tuned.

0 comments: