Fall In Love With More Free Templates! Click Here To Get Your Own Smitten Blog Design... »

Sunday, July 11, 2010

Stray (Shifters, #1)Stray by Rachel Vincent

My rating: 5 of 5 stars


Stray is the first novel in Rachel Vincent's shifter series, and is about a were-cat named Faythe who's greatest desire in life is to attain independence from her Pride (her family). When she is dragged home from college kicking and screaming by her ex boyfriend Marc, after another female were-cat goes missing, she begins a battle of wills with her father over her freedom. She must also contend with Marc and their unresolved issues.
Meanwhile, the mystery surrounding the missing werecat becomes more and more complicated and Faythe must decide where her priorities lie.
I loved this book! I put off reading it for awhile because the whole "were-cat" thing was a little wierd for me. I kept picturing people shifting into house-cat sized felines and I was really put off. To clarify, in Rachel Vincent's books, were-cats are actually South American jungle cats and resemble black panthers. Once I realized that, I couldn't put the book down.
Faythe reminds me of so many young woman who fight tooth and nail against the pressures placed on them by their families. She just wants to be left alone to live her life and has no desire to settle for being barefoot and pregnant , which is what she believes her father wants for her.
The male characters in this book were very strong and I loved the playful interactions between Faythe and her "brothers". Faythe has a big mouth and she always seems to be getting herself into trouble with her Dad or one of the male members of the Pride.
This book contained plenty of suspense, action, and more than it's share of steamy interactions between characters.
Love, love, loved it.

View all my reviews >>

0 comments: